With 25 years of experience globetrotting as a travel journalist, Patricia Schultz (who has written for prestigious publications and people such as BusinessWeek, Oprah, RealSimple, and Rachael Ray) knows a thing or two about adventure. Which is what makes her #1 New York Bestelling book, 1,000 Places to See Before You Die (in it's new, full-color second edition), a great read for anyone who dreams of seeing the world.
Seems like everything and everyone has an app nowadays! And 1,000 Places is no different. You can purchase and download an app that allows you to (amid other things):
- tag places you've been or would like to go to
- see where your friends have been
- add your own photos or tips
We received one copy of Patricia's book to review.
Do you have a bucket list? I do. It isn't written down anywhere, but I do have it committed to memory. After reading Patricia's book, however, that list is a lot longer and I'm starting to think I need to write it down and start saving up to travel! Patricia's book brings sightseeing and adventure to perspective with well-written descriptions of approximately 1,000 world destinations in Europe; Africa; the Middle East; Asia; Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Isles; the United States and Canada; Latin America; and the Caribbean, Bahamas, and Bermuda. In addition to these enthralling descriptions, she also gives details about each place such as:
- visitor info
- recommended sources that offer tours
- places to stay for various budgets
- when the destination is open
- the best times to travel
These details make travelling to the specific destination easy, fun, and frugal. Plus, they help to make the idea of travelling afar attainable by laying out monetary goals to reach.
In addition to these entries, the book also contains colorful, detailed maps to help you visualize each location. Plus, the book contains around 600 full color photographs to illustrate them.
Overall, I found this book extremely interesting. It definitely whets my appetite to get out and explore the world we have been blessed with. Unfortunately, these travels will have to be on hold until either my kiddos are old enough to join us or we have retired!
This book would make a great gift for anyone who likes to travel and it would make a good gift for the men in your life.
You can purchase 1,000 Places to See Before You Die via various online and local retailers. Find one on www.1000BeforeYouDie.com.
1,000 Places to See Before You Die
How to Enter
This giveaway is being run using a handy-dandy Rafflecopter form. To use the form, log in using your Facebook account (make sure your primary Facebook email is one I can reach you with if you win) or your name and email. You can read more information about logging into the Rafflecopter form HERE. Your information will be kept completely confidential and safe.
- None of my giveaway entries are mandatory, so you may do as many or as few as you'd like.
- Each entry must be accomplished exactly as it is stated, including providing anything in the "Extra Info" field, for it to count.
- You can perform each entry type ONE TIME ONLY unless otherwise specified.
- If there is a "leave a comment" entry type, be sure the name you type in the comment's name field is EXACTLY the same as the name you use in the form (this is so I can verify your comment).
- Make sure to leave a VALID email address in the Rafflecopter's email field so I can contact you if you win (or ensure your Facebook account's primary email address is one I can contact you by).
- If you already follow/like me or the company via Google Friend Connect, Twitter, Facebook, etc., that's okay–the entries still count.
Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM EST
Open to U.S. Residents Only