Ken Kaiser founded KidCo in 1992 to provide customers with the first metal safety gates, which was considered a premium item in the United States at that time. Since its roots, KidCo has expanded to include other products including those for natural infant feeding, home safety, and travel.
Installing the gate is really easy. We screwed in the pieces that attach to the wall then slid the gate into place. My husband really wishes the wall mount hardware was constructed of steel because it bends under the pressure of the gate. Our boys tend to enjoy shaking the gate, too (though we’ve been trying to discourage them from this) which adds to the stress placed on the wall mount hardware. However, in spite of this, it has been holding up very well thus far.
The gate features Magnet-Lock Technology which is a dual magnet design that is supposed to draw the latch together to automatically shut the gate. We have found this gate to work very well at auto-latching the majority of the time, but upon occasion it has swung open enough to miss the latch and therefore hangs open (not a big deal, we just have to make sure it shuts). Our 2-1/2-year-old son has also discovered that if he follows behind us when we’re going through, he can catch it when it swings back and get through. Little stinker!
Pros: The gate fits our awkwardly-shaped door opening perfectly. The auto-lock feature is helpful a majority of the time. The gate is constructed of strong steel. Our cat (who had to sneak into my first picture) is able to easily jump over the gate to escape the grabby hands of our children when he wants to.
Cons: The gate moves when our children shake or climb on it, which causes stress on the mounting hardware. The gate doesn’t automatically shut every single time.
You can purchase KidCo’s safety gates online or locally. Use KidCo’s Where to Buy feature to find a preferred retailer.
How to Enter
This giveaway is being run using a handy-dandy Rafflecopter form. To use the form, log in using your Facebook account (make sure your primary Facebook email is one I can reach you with if you win) or your name and email. You can read more information about logging into the Rafflecopter form HERE. Your information will be kept completely confidential and safe.
- None of my giveaway entries are mandatory, so you may do as many or as few as you’d like.
- Each entry must be accomplished exactly as it is stated, including providing anything in the “Extra Info” field, for it to count.
- You can perform each entry type ONE TIME ONLY unless otherwise specified.
- If there is a “leave a comment” entry type, be sure the name you type in the comment’s name field is EXACTLY the same as the name you use in the form (this is so I can verify your comment).
- Make sure to leave a VALID email address in the Rafflecopter’s email field so I can contact you if you win (or ensure your Facebook account’s primary email address is one I can contact you by).
- If you already follow/like me or the company via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc., that’s okay–the entries still count.