While bouncing her baby to sleep in her mei tai baby carrier one day, Kelli Roschak realized that she was essentially getting a workout. Since getting a babysitter to go to the gym was nigh impossible, she decided to start exercising while wearing an ever-growing weight–her baby Kayla! By 10 months, she had lost 70 pounds, a triumph that left her weighing less than before she was pregnant. Thus, she developed the Babywearing Workout video course in 2012 to help other mamas in similar situations to lose their excess weight as well.
Kelli is friendly and very easy to follow in her video. You can tell she’s not a professional personal trainer, which I found to be awesome because it made her and the workout much less intimidating and made it feel more like I was just working out with a friend. Her instructions were easy to abide by and the movements very doable, making it perfect for the mama who recently gave birth.
The workout was a bit difficult for me to do because I’m not the most physically fit person on the planet, but it wasn’t so difficult that I wanted to give up either.
The workout also seemed to be very flexible. I could see extending the motions as I become more fit in order to keep it as a challenge.
And I love Kayla in the video! She’s so sweet and adorable and by the end of the video she was out cold–totally asleep!
The total duration of the workout is just under 30 minutes. I’ve been doing the workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to give myself a slow start, but I totally intend to increase it to 4 days a week and eventually to 5 then 6 (but I’m gonna leave Sunday free). Maybe I’ll kick off 70 pounds in 10 months like Kelli did (crossing fingers)!
I hope Kelli keeps it going and develops more advanced or different babywearing workout videos.
You can purchased the Babywearing Workout online as a DVD or download at www.TheBabyWearingWorkout.com. Plus, if you use the coupon code “MFLOWERS15” between now and April 5, 2013, you’ll receive 15% off your order!
How to Enter
This giveaway is being run using a handy-dandy Rafflecopter form. To use the form, log in using your Facebook account (make sure your primary Facebook email is one I can reach you with if you win) or your name and email. You can read more information about logging into the Rafflecopter form HERE. Your information will be kept completely confidential and safe.
- None of my giveaway entries are mandatory, so you may do as many or as few as you’d like.
- Each entry must be accomplished exactly as it is stated, including providing anything in the “Extra Info” field, for it to count.
- You can perform each entry type ONE TIME ONLY unless otherwise specified.
- If there is a “leave a comment” entry type, be sure the name you type in the comment’s name field is EXACTLY the same as the name you use in the form (this is so I can verify your comment).
- Make sure to leave a VALID email address in the Rafflecopter’s email field so I can contact you if you win (or ensure your Facebook account’s primary email address is one I can contact you by).
- If you already follow/like me or the company via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc., that’s okay–the entries still count.