Beam N Read was invented by Arthur Friedman, a former engineer and executive. He invented this clever light because he needed an easy-to-use, lightweight, portable light.
The Beam N Read light has a wide variety of different uses. Obviously, it can be used to read. But it can also be used for e-readers, knitting, quilting, writing, and more. One unique thing I can think of it coming handy for is night time diaper changes (be sure to have a filter on it, though, and only 3 lights instead of 6 on so you don’t blind your wee one)!
Beam N Read sent us a Beam N Read LED 6 Deluxe Hands Free Light to review.
The set came with the Beam N Read light, orange and red filters, and a magnifying glass with a protective case.
To get the light up and running, you need 4 AA batteries. Alternatively, you can plug it in with an AC or vehicle adapter. (Batteries and adapters are not included).
The light has 6 little LED lights and a switch by which you can control having all 6 lights on or only 3.
The light comes with two colored filters—a red one for maintaining night vision and an orange one for a softer light.
Finally, the light came with a magnifying glass which can be inserted horizontally or vertically. This comes in handy for those with poor vision or for when performing tedious, small-scale tasks (say, pulling a splinter).
To turn the light on, you simply bend it at the hinges. To use it, you place it over your neck, bend it at the hinges to turn it on, and there you have it. Since it’s difficult to take a picture of myself (plus I’m not very photogenic right now), here’s one of my son’s teddy bears to model the light for you.
When I first received the light to review, I really didn’t think I’d like it. I thought I might give it to my mom to use. But, after reviewing it (and seeing that it was a LOT smaller than I had initially anticipated), I found that it is a very useful tool for myself. It has helped me in doing my devotions late at night while sitting in bed next to my slumbering husband without disturbing him. Therefore, it has been a great blessing to me in spite my skepticism!
Pros: The light has a unique, clever design. It is lightweight and small. The light is adequately bright. The features and accessories are helpful.
Cons: The filters are difficult to snap on.
10 Readers Will Each Receive
A Beam N Read LED 6 Deluxe Hands Free Light
$29.95 RV Each
(About $300 Total)
How to Enter
This giveaway is being run using a handy-dandy Rafflecopter form. To use the form, log in using your Facebook account (make sure your primary Facebook email is one I can reach you with if you win) or your name and email. You can read more information about logging into the Rafflecopter form HERE. Your information will be kept completely confidential and safe.
- None of my giveaway entries are mandatory, so you may do as many or as few as you’d like.
- Each entry must be accomplished exactly as it is stated, including providing anything in the “Extra Info” field, for it to count.
- You can perform each entry type ONE TIME ONLY unless otherwise specified.
- If there is a “leave a comment” entry type, be sure the name you type in the comment’s name field is EXACTLY the same as the name you use in the form (this is so I can verify your comment).
- Make sure to leave a VALID email address in the Rafflecopter’s email field so I can contact you if you win (or ensure your Facebook account’s primary email address is one I can contact you by).
- If you already follow/like me or the company via Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc., that’s okay–the entries still count.